Find Cheap Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance costs have been on the drop this year, as most people have been driving less during the coronavirus crisis. But don’t assume that this means you’ll receive a cheaper deal from your auto insurer when your renewal comes up.
If you’re looking to reduce your auto insurance costs without forgoing quality, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ve provided you with tips to help you find cheap auto insurance to help you save more money.
That said, let’s dive in!
How much does auto insurance cost?
Legally car owners can’t drive without auto insurance. The cost of auto insurance depends on a range of factors, including:
- Driving history: Car owners with a clean driving record often pay a lower premium since they carry lower risk. But those who have been involved in serious traffic violations in the past will most likely pay more. New drivers without an insurance track record can also pay more.
- Location: Because of higher levels of theft, accidents, and vandalism, urban drivers might have to pay a higher auto insurance cost than those in rural areas or small towns. If a car has anti-theft features, it can affect the price too.
- Frequent car use: Car owners who drive for more miles will pay more to insure their car compared to occasional drivers.
- Age: Insurers will charge more individuals with less driving experience, such as teenagers or people under the age of 25. Experienced drivers tend to have fewer accidents, so they often pay less.
- Type of vehicle: Vehicle type significantly influences the auto insurance cost. Other factors include the cost of repairs, the likelihood of theft, engine size, and sometimes the overall safety record of the car. Vehicles featuring high-quality safety equipment might qualify for premium discounts.
How to find cheap auto insurance
1. Pay annually instead of monthly
Most auto insurers will provide users with the option of paying in monthly installments or as a lump sum. Even though the monthly payment might look like a great way for clients to spread their cost, the reality is that they may end up paying more at the end of the year.
Monthly installment is like taking a loan from the insurer since customers get charged expensive rates. Customers who want to pay for their auto insurance in monthly installments should shop around to compare different insurance provider’s monthly premiums.
2. Get quotes from multiple comparison sites
Car owners should visit insurance comparison sites like OfficialCarInsurance.com and others, which can zip their details off to several insurers' and brokers' websites to find the cheapest quotes. A single site hardly catches the entire market, and prices often vary, so it's wise to combine several sites to find greater savings.
3. Shopping for an appropriate level of auto insurance
Vehicle owners should know how much auto insurance they need when looking for a cheap auto insurer because:
- They shouldn’t have to overpay for unnecessary coverage or extras.
- They can purchase enough coverage to fulfill legal requirements and to cover their risk.
- They will have to define their right coverage limits to make a fair price comparison across auto insurers.
Determining the minimum coverage eventually boils down to the car owner's current economic circumstance, how different types of coverage work together, and state requirements.
4. Auto insurance discounts
After finding cheap auto insurance online, customers should talk to the company’s insurance agent to see if they can qualify for discounts, which might help them save even more. We can break auto insurance discounts into four categories:
- Driver safety discount- Receiving cheaper rates for having a safe driving history or pursuing defensive driving courses.
- Vehicle discount– If a car contains safety features, like anti-theft technology, the owner can qualify for a discount.
- Policy discount- This discount is offered to customers who buy more products or coverage from a specific insurer. The most popular type of policy discount is the home and auto bundle, in which customers can save big from buying auto insurance and home with the same company.
- Driver status discount– Discounts lifestyle components that insurers reward with cheaper rates. This often ranges from incentives like senior discounts for individuals of a certain age or students receiving savings to obtain good grades.
5. Check the policy carefully one last time
Once drivers have found the cheapest free auto insurance quote, there are two more things they need to do:
- Double-check the quotes: Visit the insurance provider’s website to read their quote thoroughly.
- Examine the insurance policy coverage: While on the insurance provider website, it’s worth going through their policy details to see if you can lower the costs further.
Things to keep in mind when searching for cheap auto insurance
- Saving money is important, but car owners should remember that having an auto insurance policy with the liability and comprehensive coverage they need is also important. If a certain auto insurance policy proves insufficient to them, it’s not worth it, no matter how little it costs.
- Drivers should always keep in mind the different factors that may ultimately affect their auto insurance rates, such as credit score, driving record, age, among others. These factors will act as their guide to finding cheap auto insurance.
- It’s crucial to get a free auto insurance quote from several auto insurers and weigh those auto insurance quote prices against the quality of coverage options being provided.
- Vehicle owners can save money on their insurance premium by cutting down some coverage, but it’s wise to keep all the liability and comprehensive coverage they may need.
With the help of the mentioned tips, finding cheap auto insurance will be a hassle-free process. At OfficialCarInsuance.com, we will help you find cheap auto insurance quotes in the market so you can save more money. Visiting us today will be the best choice you’ll ever make.